I only do an average of 15 minutes of yoga each night (I’m a Vata..relaxing is good for us go-getters 🤓 take the the dosha quiz here to see what you are) but even THAT is too much of a hassle on days of overwhelm. Thankfully, the ancient art of Hatha yoga has us covered with its “energy releasing” Pawanmuktasana Series I – a series of “anti-rheumatic” poses great for lubricating joints, increasing circulation and toning nerves. Virtually everyone can do these poses: chair-bound, arthritic, postpartum…even those with a simple case of the Mondays.
Watch me walk through the following series in my latest monthly yoga segment on KUTV 2News Fresh Living.
1. Padanguli- and Goolf Naman – Toe and ankle bending (point and flex)
2. Goolf Chakra – Ankle rotation
3. Janu Naman – Knee bending
4. Poorna Titali Asana – Butterfly
5. Mushtika Bandhana – Hand clenching
6. Manibandha Naman – Wrist bending
7. Manibandha Chakra – Wrist joint rotation
8. Kehuni Naman – Elbow bending
9. Skandha Chakra – Shoulder socket rotation
10. Greeva Sanchalana – Ear to shoulder stretch
11. End with Chin or Jnana Mudra
If you liked these poses and want more, continue on with Pawamuktasana Series 2 and 3.
As you practice, be aware of your mindchatter, and link each movement to an in- or exhale. And with movements this simple, now we have no excuses not to practice (we don’t really want to miss out anyway)!
I found this information in the book, Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha by Swami Satyananda Saraswati.